Rakuten Aquafadas is hiring a Senior Technical Pre-sales Engineer/Consultant to develop and execute technical sales strategy and support for the Rakuten Aquafadas sales team.
Reporting directly to the Pre-sales Director, our candidate will serve a role in closing the sales cycle and future growth in consulting services and solutions. This is both a quota-attaining sales role, to capitalize on net-new business opportunities and leads, and a technical role to build the pre-sales team demos/presentations materials and educate across sales and marketing.
Our ideal candidate will have consultative solutions for clients’ business challenges in “going digital.” He or she needs to be extremely comfortable in domain knowledge and flexible enough to oversee usage of technical resources to allay sales team members’ fears of having “nothing to sell.”
The product portfolio will consist of both Rakuten O&O (owned and operated) solutions across content solutions, analytics, Web & Mobile Apps development and integrated marketing, as well as 3rd party technologies that have qualified opportunity sizes and market readiness. Given our group is not selling 1 cloud solution over and over again, there will be times where a significant, collaborative learning curve must be accomplished. There will also be a heads-down need to organize, create, and lighthouse content individually: PowerPoints, web conferences, white-papers, workflows, and RFP/RFIs.
If you have the technical sophistication, proven sales-closing mastery, appetite for a challenging role in a startup environment and solid clients/sales teams communication/educational skills, you are in the right place to apply for!
6 Main Expectations:
- Assist sales team to attain quota and yearly revenue expectation. The rest is calculus and problem solving.
- Systemize, create best practices to pass down to teams and across new geographies vs. ad-hoc phone-answering or fire-drills
- GTM: Be able to research, assess client pain-points and needs, and follow through with the best Rakuten solutions
- Travel, problem-solve, and sell through Europe: you will be frequently visiting customers, partners, and Rakuten-affiliated companies as the face of the organization
- Respond to RFI’s and RFP’s either individually or through coordinated effort with the European teams
- Work with customer solutions team and internal teams to produce customized demos and POC’s on occasion
- At least 5+ Years in SaaS (ad-tech, analytics, customer experience, AI/ML automation, digital marketing platforms, content management, Web & mobile Apps development technologies…) with solutions delivery in a consulting environment highly preferred
- At least 2+ Years in Pre-sales activities
- Managed stakeholders from CIOs/CTOs/CXOs to developers, understanding limitations but trying not to take a “no, we can’t do this” anyway
- Experience across channel sales from ISVs to vendors and consultancies
- Engaged speaker on the circuit, workshop leader is a plus
Skills and Qualifications:
- Metrics: Post implementation, be able to measure client ROI
- Excellent presentation (PPT/Keynote) and storyboarding are a must
- Able to work hand-in-hand with Customer Success Manager to assess VoC, build use cases, and close follow-on business
- Source, ingest, and synthesize product knowledge from various businesses and partners: be able to choose winners and explain “why not” in terms of technical or sales debt
- Incredibly patient as a teacher, client-ready confidence as a subject matter expert
- Passionate about technology, pride in solving problems and architecting solutions
- Personality of self-learning, self-criticism, and consistent improvement
- No politics: fair and balanced judgement
- BS/BA (no concentration restriction) with experience in solving complex problems, reiteration, and effective visual/verbal communication
Compensation commensurate with experience. Proud EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
Rakuten Aquafadas, a part of the Rakuten Group, is a mobile apps and interactive content software creator. Our tools allow marketers, publishers and graphic designers create or convert their documents into highly interactive content and package it into scalable apps. All of it without a line of code. Our company is based in Montpellier, France and we also have an office in Paris.
Rakuten, Inc. (TSE: 4755) is a global leader in internet services that empower individuals, communities, businesses and society. Founded in Tokyo in 1997 as an online marketplace, Rakuten has expanded to offer services in e-commerce, fintech, digital content and communications to more than 1 billion members around the world. Since 2012, Rakuten has ranked in the top 30 of Forbes Magazine’s annual “World’s Most Innovative Companies” list. The Rakuten Group has over 14,000 employees, and operations in 29 countries and regions. For more information visit http://global.rakuten.com/corp/.
Rakuten is the Main Global Partner of FC Barcelona, one of the world’s most valuable sports teams, and the official sponsor of 2016-2017 NBA Champions, the Golden State Warriors.